Monday, February 13, 2012

Project Basement: Living Room


Project Basement has been going on for years, since we first bought the house really.  And finally (Finally!) it's to the point where it's liveable down there.  I have to give my husband major props for all his hard work down there, the only things we paid someone else to do were the sheetrock and the carpet.  Everything else Dan did by himself, and I helped out where I could.  It's amazing to see the transformation, and even more so to look back through the pictures and see how it took shape. 

 Family Room Before
Family Room During

Family Room After

As with all projects, there are certain aspects I wish we could've done differently, the family room needed more lighting and I wish I told my husband to put tile in front of the bar not just inside it, but oh well.  Overall I am very pleased with how it turned out and I can't wait until we finish all the little things and really get to livin' down there!

After
Before










Fireplace Before
Fireplace After









These are pictures of the family room and some of the bar area down there.  One of the areas I was really impressed with is the fireplace.  Dan tiled and built the mantle by himself.  The woodork he was able to display is amazing!  Later I will post more on all the other rooms we've worked on when I've got more time.  I hope you enjoy see all the hard work that's gone into this project.  It's taken several years, and it's so rewarding to actually see your hard work turn into something wondeful. 

So, that's the family room.  Next time I'll update on the Entertainment room and the bedroom I think.  I hope you enjoy the pictures!

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on seeing the project through!! We renovated the basement in our 1960s home 3.5 years ago so I know how daunting the task can be. Like you, we did most of the work ourselves; all but cutting the 12" foundation for an egress window and replumbing the drain to the shower which required jackhammering the concrete floor :) Point is - It looks like you guys did a fabulous job!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It has indeed been a long and daunting task, but seeing the results has been rewarding. There is still plenty to do, but I think it's coming together rather nicely. Thanks again!

      Delete