Thursday, February 9, 2012

Books...who knew they were so cool?


I heart books.  I used to hate reading, and tried to skip reading as much as I could when it was required in school.  If only my high school and college teachers could see me now.  I've read a little bit here and there, one of the first books I really remember reading just for "fun" was White Oleander by Janet Fitch, and I read it before the movie came out thank you very much.  I enjoyed that book and thought to myself, "hey, this reading thing isn't so bad."  So, I tried some other books recommended by friends and found those were okay, too.  Last year I asked my husband if I could get a Nook for Christmas, and he just couldn't help but asking, "are you really going to use it?"  Oh the nerve of the man.  Since last Christmas, I have read more books than I ever had in my other 32 years combined.  Seriously.  I read so much now, sometimes I find it hard to stop reading and do real things...like you know, housewifey stuff, or playing with my son. 
Anyway, I will read anything, the first book I read on my Nook was Outlander by Diana Gabaldon, which I absolutely loved.  After that, I was hooked on Nook.  I'll read romance books, mystery books, faith inspired books, historical fiction books, science fiction books, really anything that I think looks interesting to me.  Some books I've read are so good I read them more than once, some books aren't so great but I finish them anyway because I just have to. 
So, I thought since I've started this new blog thing, I'd do a book report of sorts of the books I've read and post my reviews here.  I'll even do the books that didn't appeal to me, because let's face it; everyone's tastes are unique.  And if anyone is interested, they can read my review and decide if a certain book I've read sounds like something interesting to them.  I will try to post my first official book report on Friday and hopefully it will be a weekly thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment