Monday, February 20, 2012

Project Basement: Entertainment Room

This shot was taken on Super Bowl Sunday on my new
sectional with the tv all hooked up.

I love this room.  I love that our bigscreen isn't taking up so much space in the living room upstairs, and I love that it finally has it's own home in it's own room.  This room was originally just an extra storage room, with no windows and the electrical box, but Dan created this media room instead.  He wired the room for speakers and all of our components for the tv to make it feel like a real media room.  With the insulation and the soundproof door, we can really crank up the tv and watch movies or games and feel like we are really there.

Media Room Before
Media Room During


Media Room with old paint color
Media Room with final paint color

I had originally painted this room the same color as the rest of the basement, but the week before carpet came in I decided to be bold and try a new color for this room.  I think the blue/grey/purpleish color really sets off the woodwork and darkens the room just enough to give it that movie theatre feel.  I'm happy I decided to change colors.  I think it sets this room apart from the others and makes it stand out on it's own.


 The weekend of the Super Bowl, we shopped for a sectional for this room.  I love the one we picked out.  It's not sleek or sexy, but it fits our lifestyle just right.  It's big and comfy and perfect for chilling out and watching a movie or a football game.  I was tickled that we got it all set up and the tv moved downstairs just in time for the Super Bowl.  I'm a big fan that the couch takes up the entire back wall, and that we were able to maximize seating with the space that we had.  I'm looking forward to hosting Super Bowl (or any other type of big game) parties in the future, since we now have lots of room for lots of guests to watch!




As with the rest of the basement, there are still some small things to finish up in this room but it's essentially done and liveable.  We've already put the room to use watching television in the evenings and just relaxing on the comfy new sectional.  The next step for this room would be to finish hooking up all the other tv components, purchasing an ottoman and decorating it somehow. 

I love this room and hopefully you enjoy looking at the pictures as much as I enjoy using my new media room!



No comments:

Post a Comment