Monday, June 11, 2012

Women's College World Series


I am a huge fan of College Softball.  Aside from football, softball is most definitely my favorite sport to watch, and it's even more fun to watch live.  Since Kansas State has not softball team, I am at liberty to cheer for any school I like, and I've been a big fan of Alabama Softball for about six years now, so every time the Crimson Tide are at the World Series I try to catch a few games live.  Luckily, the Women's College World Series is held every year in Oklahoma City, which means I can make the short drive a few times a year to watch some of the best teams in the country play the sport.  I usually go by myself (which I am a-ok with) but this year I thought Josh was old enough and would enjoy a day at the ballpark so I took him with me.  These are a few of the pictures of our day at ASA Hall of Fame Stadium in OKC.



We arrived a little late for the games on Sunday, but we caught the last half of Arizona State vs. Oklahoma while we waited for Alabama to take on California.  Josh enjoyed eating all the ballpark concessions, such as hot dogs, soda, and some frozen lemonade.  I think all the food was his favorite part of the games!

















The next game was the one I really wanted to watch:  California vs. Alabama.  If Alabama won they were going on to the Championship series versus Oklahoma, so we were cheering loud and yelling, "Roll Tide!" throughout the game.  By this time I think Josh was getting a little worn out from the sun and fun, but he's a trooper and managed to stick it out through all seven innings!


The Alabama Crimson Tide






Kayla Braud batting.
Kaila Hunt batting

Alabama celebrating after the win!





We even made it on ESPN!
 All in all I think we both had a really fun day.  I went back on Tuesday night to watch game 2 of the Championship series between Alabama and Oklahoma, and that was really fun especially since Bama won.  The whole trip was even better since Alabama won the National Championship, it was really cool to see those girls that I've watched and rooted for this whole year hoist up that trophy.  Now that softball is over for the year, I'm anxious for next season to get here!  I think Josh and I will try to make it a yearly thing and drive up for at least one game if we can.  I'm fully content watching the games by myself, but I know that sharing these experiences with my son make them that much better.  Well, this was our trip to Oklahoma City and the Women's College World Series!  I hope you enjoy the pictures as much as Josh and I enjoyed going!















No comments:

Post a Comment